These two apps help women who want to track, predict and monitor their menstrual cycles (periods) for a variety of reasons, including wanting or not wanting to get pregnant. Both apps provide useful health information and allow women to record menstrual cycle symptoms and note when they have had sex. Both apps also help women to predict their fertility windows and ovulation cycles by using basal temperature and changes in vaginal discharge.
Period Tracker Flo
- Menstrual and pregnancy tracking modes.
- Reminders for contraceptive pills, injections etc.
- An alert if period is late.
- No emergency contraception alert for those who’ve indicated they don’t want to get pregnant and who record having unprotected sex during fertile window.
- Slightly ‘buggy’ and sometimes crashes.
Period Tracker Clue
- Can connect to partner’s phone.
- Creates reports for sharing.
- No pregnancy tracking mode.
- No pill reminder.